A Much Needed Conversation with Light by Shreyashi Dutta



The need of the hour for people confused, frustrated with their life is to go and get a proper direction.And if we know someone who can help our directionless boat to come back to the path and can help us in getting the right direction, we should go and have a conversation with them.It's really important to wear the right shoes otherwise it leads people to trip even on the plain roads, sometimes wearing wrong shoes makes us fall face along.

I basically was directionless, frustrated, confused regarding each and every thing happening in my life.I wanted something, and something else was happening.I always used to hear about sir, whom we call ''dear light'' with affection.I always used to think that one day i will go and talk to ''dear light'',but I felt what if thing will go other way around.Finally after almost 3 months I gathered the broken pieces of my courage and went to ''dear light''.

I always used to think why everyone address this teacher as '''dear light',what's so special.But today when I had a 20 minutes conversation with ''dear light'',I got the matter of fact that why everyone affectionately call sir ''dear light''.
I have never ever in my entire 20 years of life met someone so motivating and positive.I felt like ''dear light'' even have the power to motivate the most depressed person present there on this mother earth.


Today with the help of this blog I am going to give a glimpse of our conversation which I think may help people who have lost the word hope from their life.
Here it goes......



I was waiting for dear light to come infront of his cabin.
Dear light came after finishing his classes .......
Dear light: hey hi....
me:good morning sir....
Dear light:It's afternoon my dear!!! So,good afternoon.
Me: Good afternoon sir(with a little confused smile on my face)
Dear light opened his cabin with his keys and got inside....
Dear light: Get In shreyashi...
Me: May I come in sir.....(again I was having that confused smile on my face)
Dear light:(with the bright smile on his face) Yeh,come in shreyashi.....
Me:Sir,yesterday I talked with you...
Dear light:Yeah,i know...Have a sit....
Me : Thank you sir
Dear light:So,how's life?
Me:(again with that confused face of mine) Sir,I am so frustrated,i really don't know what is happening,I am just directionless....
Dear light: Why? You are in the third year of engineering,why are you so worried? You are not in the fourth year that you have the placements and that's why you are just getting frustrated.What's the matter?
Me: Sir,actually I never wanted to take science but landed up there because I had good marks and I was not allowed by my parents to go for commerce,which I wanted to study.I wanted to study economics and social sciences.
Then I landed up in engineering because after 12th standard I got good marks and got confused that what I should really do in my life.I thought if I will do engineering,I will get a good job with a good salary and my life will be all good.But now I am just getting frustrated day by day.I just don't like to study engineering.There is no subject which motivates me,there is no subject in which I have knowledge.
My marks are also going down day by day and now my cgpa is 7.81.I really don't know what should I do.I started writing blogs and poems to remove my frustration.Please tell me what should I do.I remember I took some medicines when I was in standard 11 because I had anxiety related issues.Nowadays,I don't get the motivation in anything.
Dear light listened to my whole long story then with the smile on his face he said..
Dear light: You know there are lot many things which we don't like but that does not mean that we will get frustrated about it.You need to just do one thing that you need to convert all the obstacles in your life into opportunities.There is nothing wrong in your life,everything in wrong in your head only.
Me: But sir you know I get depressed and start thinking critically if someone speaks something negative.Suppose I get 2 marks less in my exams than what I have thought after giving the exams,I get really depressed.I really don't know what should I do?
I feel everything is wrong in my life,I really don't know what should I do?
Dear light: You know regarding people who speak all negative all the time,for them I should tell you one thing that they are also living in the same society as you are living,they have also grown up in this society like you,none of you are made up of different material,you all are actually made up of the same materials,so how can you expect them to be all positive.Now,the thing is that you really need to stop thinking all those negative thoughts that come across your mind that everything is bad and everything will turn worse and worse.Because this is not going to help you even 0.01 percent.Tell me one thing will you get even 0.2 marks more,will your cgpa increase if you always keep blaming yourself,if you keep thinking about the subject in which you got 2 marks less than what you had thought?
Me: No sir(again with a confused face)...
Dear light:No right,than why to even think of something which is not there in your hand.You need to turn all the negatives into positives in your life if you want to be happy.
Me:(with a confused face as usual) Yes sir.....
Dear light:(dear light said looking at my phone which I kept on Dear light's desk)
 Do one thing that's your phone right.Give me..
I gave my phone to dear light...
Dear light: Now I have your phone right...Now what will you do if I say I will not give your phone back to you...
Me: (with the confused expression) I don't know sir...I think I will ask you to give my phone back to me...
Dear light: Ok ask for the phone...
Me: (again with such a confused expression on my face)Sir,can I please get my phone back please...
Dear light: No,I am not going to give your phone back to you...
Me: Sir,I really don't know any other way to ask you to give my phone back to me...I am so confused....
Dear light: You know this is what I am talking about that please remove this negativitiy from your mind for everything,that you can't...You can of course try to find a way to take back your phone from me as it is so important for you to get your phone back...
Ok,no issue let's do one thing I will give you a situation and you need to give me the reply without any negative word in it like I can't,I don't and all...Ok....
I nodded.....
Dear light: Ok so what will you say If i ask you to give me 500 rupees right now...
Me: Sir I don't have 500 rupees..
Dear light: What did I told you right now,I told not to use any negative word...Now again give me the answer without using all the negative words...
Me: (after thinking for a while) Sir,I have 100 rupees,will it be okay for you?
Dear light: That's fantastic.This is what I was talking about.Now tell me which sounds better this reply of yours or the previous reply of yours?
Me:(with a smile on my face this time) This one sir...
Dear light: Absolutely,see this is the magic of positivity,remove all the words associated with negativity from your dictionary and see the magic.
Me: But sir what should I do I don't like engineering at all..
Dear light: You know what there are lot of things which we don't like but we need to adjust with them.You really need to learn to adjust in your life otherwise you will have a very sad life.I understand that you don't like engineering but that does not mean that you will be sad and frustrated because that will not help you.
Me:Sir,what to do with people who always make me feel inferior?
Dear light:You know there are three things confidence,overconfidence and super confidence.Just be super confident and think of all those people as ants and think yourself as an elephant,both have an ant in it.Simple.
Me:Sir,what to say when someone asks about my weakness?
Dear light:Well,that's a good question.Tell me what's your favorite food.
Me:(with a smile) Biriyani sir..
Dear light:Yeh that's right,that's what is your weakness.Just keep the things in a positive zone no matter whatever the situations are.
Me:Sir,I don't really understand the subjects of engineering,what should I do regarding that matter?
Dear light: You know when you are not able to digest the biriyani you should go for the plain rice.Start studying the basics,you will definitely love the subjects.The subjects are not that bad,it's just that you worry a lot and always study the subjects just for the exams,you don't like them.If you will start to study them for gathering knowledge you will love the subjects.And you are pretty much in the water as you have studied and also survived 2 years of science and 3 years of engineering.
Me: Yes,sir... 
Dear light: You know I am telling you two mantras,one NEVER BLAME YOURSELF and the other one is HUNT FOR HAPPINESS.Just remember these two mantras and I am assuring you all will be good.
Me: Sir,you know I am really tensed about the placements.What if I will not get placed.I am really worried for this.
Dear light: Tell me one thing do you want job in the field of engineering?
Me: No,Sir.I want to go for management and I love creative writing.
Dear light:That's right.You got your answer.Why you are tensed for something which you don't want to be.Why you are tensed for becoming something which you don't want to become.You love creative writing right,so keep writing,if you have a passion for creative writing definitely one day you will be successful.You told me right that you want to go for management,that's great,just work on your skills,improve yourself as an individual.
Me: Sir,what about my cgpa?
Dear light: First of all marks are not at all a criteria to know about the qualities the person have.You have 7.81 cgpa right.You know I had a cgpa of 6.7.I have never cheated in exams and I am really happy with my cgpa.You know why because I know I have the knowledge.You know now everyone knows me,appreciate me for my good work,no one judge me on the basis of my cgpa.Now tell me why should I really bother about some cgpa when I know I can teach well,I know my subject well,I can help my students,when I know that whatever today I am I am because of my own hardwork.Yeah my cgpa is low so what.You know people will know you for your work and not for your cgpa.People even get the marks by cheating,but that marks don't help them to increase their knowledge.What is the use of that kind of marks.You know one day,may be some years down the line people will not at all will ask you your cgpa,people will know you for your work,for your dedication and determination.So,nothing to worry.

Me: 😊(with a smile) Yes,sir that's true.Sir,you know I don't know but I always fear what will happen if someone cause any harm to me? How will I again stand up strong?
Dear light: You know just work on your skills,learn,gather knowledge,just don't stress your mind for something which is not at all important.And never fear,the fear should fear you.No one in this world have got the power to destroy your future.Yeah some people are there who may have an enmity with you,let them have,you just don't pay attention to them.No one can harm you.And god forbid even if something wrong happens,just fight with it,fight for the right thing,why to fear when you know you have not don't anything bad with with anyone.You should always have the courage to bounce back if you are being pushed by someone.You need to always have the courage to fight for the right.
Me: True sir.
Dear light: Just take it easy.Be happy.And yeah don't forget my two mantras.
Me:(with a smile) Yeah sir.One NEVER BLAME YOURSELF and the other one HUNT FOR HAPPINESS. 
Dear light:Absolutely.Take care.
Me: Thank you for helping me.
Dear light:You are welcome.All the best.



The most important thing is that the smile on the face of dear light never got fade,it was always there during our entire conversation.And that was the motivating factor.
I really got the motivation I was looking for just by talking for 20 minutes with dear life.After this conversation I felt as if I have got the courage to deal with any situation in my life.
It's really important to get the motivation.I hope after reading this blog atleast some people will see a ray of hope in their life.
ⒸAll rights reserved by AAP KIIT UNIVERSITY SE HAIN , Author : Shreyashi Dutta.
A Much Needed Conversation with Light by Shreyashi Dutta  A Much Needed Conversation with Light by Shreyashi Dutta Reviewed by AAPKIIT on 11:54 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.